In a brief walk-and-talk interview with reporters outside the U.S. Capitol, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., focused on the impact of tax cuts signed in 2017 by then-President Donald Trump as the primary reason the federal debt is close to hitting the statutory limit of $31.4 trillion.
- NC drivers to spend more on gas in 2023 under new tax rate
- NC gas tax bumping up, state income taxes going down in 2023
- How they voted: North Carolina congressional votes for the week ending Dec. 22
- The Wrap @ NC Capitol: Voter ID, redistricting rulings, and 2024 polling for Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson
- Editorial: Legislature's emails are public records, belong to the people, must be maintained
- View More »
- NC lawsuit on political power hampered by lost emails, delayed by procedure, lawyers say
- How to find tax planning help
- Here's how to get major savings from new tax credits and rebates
- On WRAL-TV at 6: Find out if you're eligible for a free new appliance
- Tax pros on call Tuesday at WRAL
- Fact check: Ad says Beasley wants to raise taxes on people making $75,000
- New IRS rules may mean you'll get bigger paycheck in 2023
- Key NC leader: No plan to excuse state taxes on forgiven student loans
- Cooper: Don't tax forgiven student loan debt
- Fact check: Do top universities have billion dollar untaxed endowments?
- View More »
It's unlikely that the U.S. economy will enter a recession in the first half of 2023, as the latest jobs report found the economy added 517,000 jobs.
Johnson & Johnson is cutting jobs nationwide among several workgroups, sources tell WRAL TechWire. J&J owned Janssen Biotech also is reported to be making layoffs.
- North Carolina, 9th in population, has 4th-highest number of tech jobs
- Female power: NC surges to No. 9 in rankings for women-led startups
- US tells owners to park old Hondas until air bags are fixed
- Buying a home in the Triangle is more affordable than it’s been in months
- Layoffs hit NC: Aerospace, textile firms cutting hundreds of jobs
- $15K grants fund business improvements for downtown Raleigh's Fayetteville Street
- Duke experts explain privacy concerns with TikTok app
- Apple misses expectations on earnings, revenues for first time in 7 years
- Shutdown of AmazonSmile affects local charities
- Fed lifts rate by quarter-point but says inflation is easing
- View More »
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Bio Jobs Hub: Find a great-paying job that changes lives, even yours
- Capital Financial - Learn how to secure lifetime retirement income.
- Buffalo Brothers - 1/2 Price Appetizers 4:30pm-6:00pm Monday - Friday
- Click to See All CONTESTS available from WRAL.com
- Don't Miss The Carolina Hurricanes Fan Fest In Downtown Raleigh On February 17th.